Everyone may not realize this but creating a Facebook account brings a lot of benefits to the users. Currently, there are 2.80 billion monthly active users on Facebook and with 59.0% of social media users, Facebook has become the leading social media platform.
Whenever you have the urge to know what’s happening around, you can simply log in to your Facebook account. There are different ways you can sign in to your Facebook account and if you want to know all of them, keep on reading.
It is important to use the genuine Facebook website to login and do not enter your login credentials on any random website that looks like the official Facebook but can be a scam. So, always go to “www.facebook.com” to open a new account or log in.
Steps to Log in to Facebook Account
If you want to log in to your Facebook account on a computer, here is what you need to do:
- On a web browser such as Google Chrome, go to www.facebook.com; using the same page, you can either log in or sign up for a new Facebook account.
- Enter your phone number or email address that you have used to create your FB account. If you have already set up a Facebook username for your profile, you can use that to log in.
- In the next blank space, enter the password for your FB account.
- Finally, click on ‘Log In’
Important- For any help regarding Facebook sign-in, you can navigate to the official Facebook help page.
On Mobile Devices
If you want to log in or sign in to your Facebook account using your mobile device be it Android, iPhone, or iPad, you can do it either on a mobile browser or using the Facebook app. The process to do it on a browser is the same as mentioned above and to log in to the Facebook app, you can download the app using the given links-
For Apple devices- https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/facebook/id284882215
If the above links don’t seem to work, you can go to Google Play Store or Apple Store to download and install the Facebook app.
Steps to Log In Through Facebook App
- After installing the app on your device, tap ‘Open’ to launch it.
- Enter your phone number or email address followed by password in their respective blank spaces and hit ‘Log In’.
- If you want you can save your login info by pressing ‘Ok’ so that you don’t have to enter the details every time you want to log in; you can simply do that by tapping your profile picture. If you don’t want to save the information, click on ‘Not Now’ to proceed.
- That’s how you can log in through the Facebook app and check what’s happening by simply opening the app on your phone.
But that’s not it; if you just want to chat and don’t want to check the news feed, you will need to log in to the Facebook Messenger app.
Login to Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger is an instant messaging app provided by Facebook; you can use the app to chat with your FB friends on the go; the app even lets you make an audio or video call and the great thing is there is no need to create an account.
You simply have to install Facebook Messenger on your mobile phone or go to the messenger website on the computer and log in to it using your Facebook account credentials.
To log in to Facebook Messenger on desktop:
- Go to www.messenger.com
- Enter your email address or phone number that you use to log in to Facebook.
- Then enter the password for your FB account and finally, hit the ‘Log In’ button.
- Once you are logged in, you can simply start interacting with your friends on Facebook.
To log in to Facebook Messenger on mobile:
- Download and install the Facebook Messenger app on your mobile device, tap ‘Open’ to launch it.
- Type in the Facebook email address or phone number and password; tap ‘Log In’.
That was about all the possible ways to login to Facebook or Messenger.
A Facebook account comes really handy when you need to sign up on other social media platforms or websites. Instagram allows you to sign in if you already have a Facebook account; you can link your FB profile to your Instagram account. Also, major brands offer their support services via Facebook, so having an FB account can help you get in touch with the officials. They even offer support for its disabled Facebook accounts or locked FB accounts on its official help pages; so do look out for that whenever in need.