Facebook is one popular social media that everyone is aware of. Signing up for a Facebook account will let you stay in touch with what’s happening all around the world. It is a small world with all your family, friends, relatives, and colleagues in it.
Have you ever been into a situation where you are configuring something on your Facebook account, hence expecting a code from them but not getting one? This can generally happen when you are resetting your password, activating two-step verification, and so on.
This major issue happening with Facebook has recently come into the limelight when most of the users started complaining about not receiving any code from Facebook even after several attempts.
So, in this guide, you will get all the information regarding what to do when you don’t receive the confirmation code from Facebook; there can be multiple scenarios, so we are going to discuss them one by one.
Scenario-1 Facebook Confirmation Code Not Received
To sign up for a new Facebook account, you need to enter the Confirmation Code that you receive on the email address or phone number that you use for signing up. This has to be done to verify that the phone number or email address that you are using to create Facebook belongs to you. But in case if you haven’t received the confirmation code sent by Facebook, you won’t be allowed to proceed further.
If you aren’t receiving the Facebook confirmation code on email, here’s what you can do:
- Make sure you haven’t used your incorrect email address as that could be the reason for not receiving a confirmation code from Facebook. So, if that is the case, re-enter the email address so that you can get the code on the correct email address.
- It can also happen that the email with the code has landed in the wrong folder, hence you are facing difficulty in locating it. So, do check the ‘Spam’ folder and Social category of your email account as you may find the email there.
- If you are still facing issues, you can use your phone number for signing up instead of your email address.
If you aren’t receiving the Facebook confirmation code on your phone number, here’s what you can do:
- Make sure you have entered the correct phone number as this could be the reason why you are not receiving any SMS code from Facebook.
- Once you have rechecked the number, click on the option ‘Resend Code’ to receive the code again.
- If you didn’t receive the Facebook confirmation code text, you can select the option ‘Via Phone Call’ instead of ‘Via Text.
- Alternatively, you can create a Facebook account using your email address instead of your phone number.
Scenario-2 Facebook Reset Password Code Not Received
When you forget the password of your account or your Facebook account has been hacked, the only option to get it back is to reset the password. However, that requires you to receive a code from Facebook and enter that to verify that it is actually you who is trying to reset the password. But if you aren’t receiving any code from Facebook, you will not be able to reset the password; let’s see how you can fix that.
1. Use your Trusted Contacts-
If you have added trusted contacts to your Facebook account, you can use that to reset your password if Facebook is not sending any confirmation code to your email or phone number; this is one way you can verify that you are the actual owner of the account.
- To avail of this option, click ‘Don’t have access to these?’ when asked to verify your phone number or email address.
- Then you will be asked to reveal your trusted contacts to use them; enter the name of your friend and then send the link you see on the screen to your friends and ask them to send you the code that they have received.
- The moment you will enter all the codes your friends have received, you will be able to regain access to your Facebook account.
2. Answer your Security Question-
You will get this option only if you have added any security question while setting up your Facebook account. To use this option, start by:
- Clicking on ‘Forgotten Password?’
- Then enter your Facebook email address to look for your account
- After that choose ‘Security Question’ as your password recovery method
- Then click on ‘I’ll answer my security question’
- After you have answered the question correctly, you will be allowed to reset the password of your Facebook account.
Scenario-3 Two-Factor Verification Code Not Received
Although Facebook’s two-step verification is there to keep your account secure, sometimes this can also get you in trouble; sometimes this may happen that you have enabled two-step verification for your account but you are not receiving one while trying to log in to your Facebook account.
Here is the solution that you can try:
Use your Old Device
By old device, it means that the device that you have already used to log in to your Facebook account. The reason is Facebook asks for a two-factor verification code whenever you use an untrusted or new device; so if you want to escape this step, you must get hold of an old device that you have already used for this matter and then see if it helps; also you can turn off the two-step verification for your Facebook account if you are facing issues in receiving codes.
That was all about the scenarios you may face and what solutions you have when Facebook is not sending code to your email or phone number. If you have still not received the email confirmation code by Facebook, you can email them at “email@example.com” to explain your issue in detail.