Yahoo and Outlook are the two topmost email services currently running in the internet world. And the best part is you can set up your Yahoo account on Outlook and make it convenient for you to access all the emails in one place. The only requirement is to configure your Yahoo account to Outlook, but that is not as easy as it feels. Adding your Yahoo account to Outlook requires you to enter the correct IMAP and SMTP settings otherwise you will find that Yahoo email is not working in Outlook.
If you have realized that your Yahoo account is not working properly with Outlook, no need to worry as this is one of the most common problems with Yahoo mail today in 2020. Also, if you follow the solutions provided here properly, you will be able to fix the issue quickly.
Solutions to Fix Yahoo Not Working with Outlook
1. Entry-Level Troubleshooting
First, you must do the basic level troubleshooting if you found Yahoo mail is not working with Outlook. So make sure that:
- The device you are using to access the Outlook account must be connected to a stable internet that is giving adequate signal strength.
- Also, check if your Yahoo account is suffering from an issue by opening a web browser, log into your Yahoo mail account, and send a mail to you. If you received the email, it means there is no issue with your Yahoo account.
2. Remove and Add the Yahoo Account Again
Next, if your Outlook account is still not receiving Yahoo emails or is not working with Outlook 365, you can remove your Yahoo mail profile and then re-add it as that will fix the underlying issue and you will be able to access your mails again; here are the steps to follow to remove your Yahoo account:
- Start Outlook and then go to the ‘File’ menu; click on the ‘Account Settings’ from the menu that appears.
- Then choose the option ‘Manage Profiles’ given at the bottom of the menu.
- When you see a new window, click on the option ‘Show Profiles’.
- Select your Yahoo account now and then click on ‘Remove’ to delete it from the Outlook account.
- That’s how you can remove or delete your Yahoo account from Outlook.
After that, you can simply re-add your Yahoo account to your Outlook account.
3. Check the Configuration Settings
If your Yahoo is still not working with Outlook, one of the reasons can be you have entered incorrect IMAP settings. It is important to enter the correct IMAP and SMTP settings for Yahoo while setting your account on Outlook.
Here are the right IMAP and SMTP settings you need to enter; so verify if you have entered them correctly: