Yahoo undoubtedly being the third-largest email service on the internet is a preferable and popular option that millions of users from all across the globe, happily go for! It is mainly because Yahoo users are not only eligible to access Yahoo Mail service but at the same time, also all other services that Yahoo offers for instance—
- Yahoo Search
- Yahoo Shopping
- Yahoo Downloads
- Yahoo Fantasy Sports
- Yahoo Developer Network
- Yahoo Sports
- Yahoo Answers
- Yahoo Messenger
- Yahoo Entertainment
- Yahoo 360
- Yahoo Weather
- Yahoo Lifestyle
- Yahoo Small Business
- Yahoo Finance &
- Yahoo Groups
- Yahoo Chat Room
Despite these benefits, the majority of the Yahoo users have been seen reporting issues with their Yahoo account of ‘Not working’ especially when they try to access the account on their computer after setting Yahoo as homepage on their preffered web browser i.e., Google Chrome browser. So, like most email domains, Yahoo Mail also isn’t perfect and you’ve to go through various workarounds to fix this encountered issue of ‘Yahoo Mail not working on Chrome browser’ that further distinguished into the following—
- Not able to login to Yahoo Account
- Yahoo Mail Server Settings not working
- Slow performance of Yahoo Mail on Chrome
- Yahoo Mail not receiving emails
- Not able to send Yahoo emails
- Yahoo Mail suddenly stopped working
- Yahoo Mail not loading and so on.
However, to deal with ‘Yahoo Mail not working on Chrome browser’ issue effectively, you’ll have to first acknowledge yourself about the top-most factors that create the aforementioned issues in the smooth functioning of the Yahoo Mail on your computer. So, have a look at the following list of factors:
- Server outage of Yahoo Mail
- The browser’s incompatibility, an obsolete version of your browser
- The unwanted jam of caches and cookies in the Chrome browser
- Faulty or improper computer settings
- Wrong or forgotten Yahoo Mail login credentials
- Availability of Malware in your Computer system
- Slow Internet Network Connection
- Third-party Antivirus or Firewall Interfering or blocking your Yahoo Mail access
Now, as you came to know about the factors that are generally responsible for creating hindrances in the proper functioning of Yahoo Mail on your computer’s Chrome browser; time has come to troubleshoot the aforementioned reasons for the smooth and efficient functioning of Yahoo Mail and its services. So, without wasting any further second, let’s get started with this comprehensive solution guide that contains ‘Chrome browser troubleshooting solutions, Computer troubleshooting solutions as well as Yahoo Mail troubleshooting solutions’ — to fix Yahoo Mail not working issues.
Chrome Browser Troubleshooting
Solution 1: Clear the Browser Cache to Optimize the Chrome Web Browser
- To begin with, open your Chrome browser and click on its ‘Customize and Control’ icon or the ‘Three-dots’ from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select the third-last ‘Settings’ option.
- Under it, further click on the ‘Security and privacy’ option from the left-hand side panel.
- Doing so will open the ‘Clear browsing data’ option in front of you and all you need to do is just click on the same.
- After that, select the ‘Time Range’ for which you wish to clear ‘Cache’ from your Chrome browser.
- As recommended, try clearing the entire browsing data i.e., your cached files, photos, and saved cookies, etc.
- Along with that, you can also reset your browser, and for that what you need to do is click on the ‘Advanced Tab’ from the browser’s settings to simply click on the ‘Reset’ button from the bottom of the page.
Solution 2: Update Chrome Browser
- As mentioned in solution 2, open Chrome’s settings.
- Then, click on the option of ‘About Chrome.’
- This will open a subsequent screen in front of you to tell you about the version of your Chrome browser and whether you need to update it or not.
- If there’s an update, Chrome will prompt you and all you need is to just click on the same so that Chrome will automatically download it to make your browser up to date.
- Again, option the Chrome browser ‘Settings’ and click on the ‘Security and Privacy’ tab.
- Then, click on the ‘Site Settings’ option.
- Once you’re able to locate it, click on the same option and turn on the ‘Allowed (recommended)’ toggle switch.
Now, after following these solutions check if the problem with your Yahoo account gets fixed or not! If the problem gets fixed then, it means it is mainly related to your Chrome browser only so, in the future, either you can use the Yahoo Mail app that is available for Android, iOS users or you can use the Chrome browser only but in Incognito mode. However, if the case is opposite, then move further with the following ‘Computer troubleshooting’ solutions.
Solution 1: Re-connect the Internet Connection
- To reset your ‘Internet Connection’ navigate from ‘Windows Control Panel’ to ‘Network and Sharing Center.’
- Then, select the option of ‘Troubleshoot Problems’ which is there at the bottom of the page.
- In continuation, select the ‘Internet Connections’ option to launch the assistance tool.
- After that, just restart your router/modem and computer to re-connect it again with the Wi-Fi for better functioning.
Solution 2: Update your Computer’s Operating System
- You can also optimize the performance of your computer system by updating it with the latest version. To do so, press the ‘Windows start menu’ key and select ‘All programs.’
- Then, click on the ‘Windows Update’ option and finally select the ‘Automatically download the Windows Update’ option.
Solution 3: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall and Antivirus
- Sometimes, Windows Firewall interferes with your Yahoo Mail leading to issues like ‘Not able to send any Yahoo emails’ or ‘Not receiving emails on Yahoo’ etc. So, to stop Windows Firewall from interfering with your Yahoo Mail service or with your browser, temporarily disable it by navigating from the ‘Windows Start’ menu,’ and ‘Windows control panel’ to ‘Windows Firewall.’
- From it, select the ‘Turn Windows Firewall off or on’ option to temporarily disable the Windows Firewall from your computer.
- Similarly, to disable by-default available Antivirus, navigate from ‘Windows Settings,’ and ‘Update and Security’ option to ‘Virus and threat protection.’ And, then, open the antivirus to select the real-time protection toggle switch of the antivirus to disable temporarily.
Again, after performing these solutions, check whether you’ll now be able to use your Yahoo Mail account without facing any further trouble or not. If yes then, it means the problem was related to your ‘Computer’ only and if the case is opposite then, the last possibility left is the problem with your Yahoo Mail itself. So, try the following given solutions for the same.
Yahoo Mail Troubleshooting
Solution 1: Check the Server of Yahoo Mail:
- As sometimes, the problem like ‘Not able to login to Yahoo Account’ is merely related to the server of your mail account. So, first and foremost it is recommended that you should check for the server outage on websites like ‘Downdetector.in.’ If you find out that there’s a problem in the Yahoo Mail server then, contact the local administrator to assist you in fixing the same. However, if there’s no problem with the server then, move on to further solutions.
Solution 2: Make sure to Enter Correct Yahoo Mail Login Credentials and to Use the Correct Way of Login
- As a human tendency, we’ll have this habit of occasionally entering the password in a hurry, isn’t it! But, here, you’ve to keep control of this tendency. So, type your Yahoo Mail password slowly and steadily to avoid entering the incorrect/wrong password. Also, passwords are case-sensitive so,always keep that in mind. Along with that, avoid copy-pasting your password as sometimes it even copies ‘Space’ that can lead to an error message like ‘You’re entering the wrong password.’
- Other than this, a recommended option is that you should always use the official Yahoo link i.e., ‘https: // login.yahoo.com’ instead of using any unofficial redirect link to log in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Also, you may be denied login to your Yahoo Mail account, if you’ve enabled Yahoo’s two-step verification feature and forgot to verify your login using your mobile phone. So, make sure to follow the right login procedure, in case you’ve enabled such a feature for Yahoo Mail login.
- Not only that but, various login attempts can also get you locked out of your Yahoo Mail account on a temporary basis. So, to unlock your locked Yahoo account, you can take assistance from the Yahoo Sign-in helper page or from the technical websites like ‘Get assist.’
Solution 3: Recover/Reset the Yahoo Mail Password
If someone has accessed your account and has changed your password then, you are no longer able to login to your account using the same old login credentials. So, in this case, what you need to do is reset your Yahoo Mail password not only to log in to your Yahoo account but also to save and secure your account from being misused by the hackers.
You can reset your password by visiting the Yahoo sign-in page and entering your username and then, selecting the ‘Password reset method’ like answering your security question. That’s it! Once you answer the question correctly, you’ll be navigated to a new page where you’ve to enter a new password for your Yahoo Mail account.
Solution 4: Contact the Yahoo Customer Support Team
- If you are still not able to troubleshoot the Yahoo Mail not working issue then, Yahoo technical team will assist you in troubleshooting the encountered issue related to Yahoo Mail. So, as last but not the east option, you can connect live with the Yahoo representative using the following toll-free numbers—
- Yahoo Support Number: (800) 293-5568
- Yahoo Customer Service Number: (800) 293-5568
- Alternatively, you can even visit the Yahoo help Center’s homepage using this link ‘in.help.yahoo.com’ and navigate yourself to its ‘Help’ section for assistance.
That’s it! This is all about how you can solve the ‘Yahoo Mail Not Working on Chrome/Computer’ issue using the ‘Computer troubleshooting, Chrome browser troubleshooting and Yahoo Mail troubleshooting’ solutions of this comprehensive guide.