Downloading a video from Facebook is not a very difficult task. After all, Facebook provides the option of saving videos or downloading them in most videos. But when it comes to downloading a private Facebook video, it gets a little tricky.
And if you are looking for ways to download private Facebook videos, this article will help you out. So read on and also find out the list of available alternatives to do so, along with whether it is legal to download private Facebook videos.
What are Private Videos on Facebook?
Since not everyone prefers to be public on social media, Facebook has taken the factor into consideration and hence, provided the options and settings for privacy for a long time now.
And hence, the same goes for posting on social media, be it pictures, videos, or anything, the privacy settings in general. So basically, private videos on Facebook refer to the videos which are set to ‘Private’ mode by the users from the Restricted List.
This means that nobody else has access to private video except the owner of the video. However, if you are planning on getting your hands on any such video, there is a process for it. And we are going to share in this article how to download private Facebook videos. So let’s get started.
⚠️Disclaimer: This is to inform all the readers that before getting started with the process of ‘how to download private Facebook videos,’ they must have the consent of the respective private video’s owner. If they have not taken permission and the owner remains unaware of the video’s use, they will be responsible for future circumstances and bear the consequences of their actions. The content in the private video can contain personal data and hence is alone the user’s asset.
Steps to Download Private Facebook Videos
If you want to know how to download private Facebook videos, there are various sites, tools, and extensions that let you do so. And to let you know how to use them, we will be using one of those websites as an example so that it becomes easier for you to understand.
So, Getfvid is one of many websites that lets you download private Facebook videos free of cost. It has a basic and simple user interface that helps you understand it easily and download private Facebook videos. And now, we will be explaining the steps to use it.
- Visit Facebook and log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- After that, go to the private Facebook video you want to download and copy its link.
- Once you have copied the link, go to the Getfvid website and paste it into the given box.
- Lastly, tap on Download, and the video will initiate getting downloaded.
Using these steps, you can successfully download any private video from Facebook since all you need is its link. Now let’s have a look at the other options you have to choose from. Because the more backup there is, it’s always better.
List of Facebook Private Video Downloaders
Now that you have an idea about how you can download private Facebook videos, let’s head over to the list of available alternatives and steps for how you can use them.
FBDownloader is a free web-based downloader that offers the service of downloading private Facebook videos. To use it, all you have to do is:
- Open Facebook and head over to the private video that you want to download.
- Now copy its link and go to the FBDownloader website.
- Paste the copied link to the box given at the bottom. Now the private Facebook video will start getting downloaded.
Download Facebook Videos
For downloading both private and public videos, Download Facebook Videos is a browser extension that is free to use and compatible with the Chrome browser too. The steps for using it are as follows:
- Open Facebook and go to the private Facebook that you want to download.
- Now tap on the Download Facebook Videos extension, and click on the video’s thumbnail that is appearing.
- Lastly, tap on Download and the video will begin to download.
Another simple and easy-to-use website for downloading private videos from Facebook is Vidsaver. To use it, the steps are given below:
- Launch Facebook and log in to your account.
- After that, go to the private video that you want to download and copy its link.
- Now head over to the Vidsaver website and paste the copied link in the given blank, and tap on Go.
- Once you do that, tap on next, and you’ll be in the last step and the video will start getting downloaded.
As the paste in its name, you just have to paste the link of the video, and you’ll be good to go. PasteDownload has pretty easy downloading steps for private Facebook videos.
- Open Facebook and play the private video you wish to download.
- Copy its link and go to PasteDownload.
- Now paste the link in the given box and press Download.
The last website we have that lets you download private videos from Facebook is oDownloader. The plus point of using it is that you can not only download videos from Facebook but also from other platforms as well, like Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. The steps to use it are as follows:
- Go to the private Facebook video that you want to download.
- Copy its link and visit oDownloader website.
- Paste the copied link in the given blank and hit Download.
- Now the video will start getting downloaded, and you can save it to your device.
These were the options that you could choose from for downloading private videos on Facebook. Now let’s see whether following the process of downloading private videos on Facebook is okay and legal.
Is Downloading Private Facebook Videos Legal?
The steps and the information discussed in the article explain how to download private Facebook videos. But since they are private videos on Facebook, is it really allowed to download them? Let’s find out.
If you are planning on downloading private videos from Facebook, it is important that you have consent and permission from the owner for it. As the videos are private on Facebook, the owner must have set them to the option for a reason like the videos contain private data, confidential or personal information, etc.
Hence, if you download someone’s private Facebook videos without their knowledge, it can get troublesome. And if they are someone from the creative field by profession, like an artist, they can also take you to court with a copyright claim.
There are many Facebook users who often like videos on the platform and want to save or download them on their devices but don’t know how to. Downloading private videos from Facebook is a pretty simple process, and the steps for it are discussed in the article. There are different tools and websites also listed along with their uses step-by-step.
However, before starting the process, one should be sure about doing so as without the video owner’s permission and consent, there can be harsh consequences.