The outsourcing service format has become widespread since 2015-2016 when the first prototypes of social networks were just beginning to appear. In the context of large-scale projects, it was extremely important to quickly recruit software testing outsourcing companies with diverse experience. Outsourcing quickly spread to all stages of software development due to simple economic feasibility.
As a rule, the cost of labor includes the base rate per hour of work. This is not quite a classic payment scheme, but based on the fact that in the United States the cost of a programmer’s work is calculated according to the “labor hours” spent, other market players also adhere to the hourly payment scheme.
The bottom line is that the cost of a programmer in the US and the CIS countries differs by about 4-5 times, while employees from Russia and Ukraine are sometimes even more competent and experienced than their American colleagues. In this concept, it is more profitable and easier to hire a team of developers on the side and, accordingly, save the budget.
The process of developing software products contains many dynamic components. More often, after each chain of the work cycle, it is required to approve or edit the completed work cycle. Like any programming, software development requires intermediate and full testing. If the team does not have enough knowledge and experience in testing the product in a real software environment, an outsourcing agency will be an excellent and timely solution.
Benefits of Outsourced Testing of Software Solutions
Testing is an important part of any mobile app development. In the work cycle chain, testing takes place before deployment, launch, and support. That is, only after detailed testing, you can launch the product on the market.
It is worth noting that most software platforms will definitely want to see the test results before publishing your application. This is due to the requirements of the sellers because when the site agrees to host your software, it automatically becomes a kind of “accomplice” of the project.
What are the Advantages of Testing Applications by a Team on the Side?
- Price. Perhaps one of the main advantages of hiring freelancers. Testing is a very dynamic, unpredictable, and complex process. Therefore, it is easier and cheaper to pick up an experienced team, set a task, and, after the release, take up the further development of the project.
- Efficiency. Compared to testing by automated systems, manual labor provides better quality. The tester operator can detect even the smallest flaws. In addition, the testing process requires the launch of the product in real conditions, when, in addition to identifying errors, it is necessary to take into account the wishes of users.
- Range of solutions. The variety of test prototypes that can be applied to your software ultimately determines the quality of the process. Only manual testing and a proven methodology will make it possible to secure the project from possible errors in the future.
Today, several main types of testing are used: local testing, performance testing, security testing, feature testing, testing for system errors and bugs.
Among the disadvantages of testing by a team on the side, the following should be noted:
- Security. If you need to test, for example, a CRM system, contractors will see the personal data of your customers or users. From the moment information is handed over to the external team, appropriate non-disclosure provisions will need to be written.
- Quality control. Sometimes it is difficult for clients to control the quality of work simply for the simple reason that most errors can only be recognized during the operation of the software. In this concept, it is important to fix the general conditions of work under which the quality of the result will be calculated by specific indicators.
When hiring remote specialists, do not neglect the language and location barriers. Taking into account different time zones, it is important to foresee the conditions for comfortable communication in advance, under which each party could solve the tasks without delaying the work process.