The good news for home grill chefs, the advent of AI technology is increasingly taking over the stress of cooking perfect recipes. However, AI is making its way to your kitchen.
Suraj Sudera (founder of Perfecta AI gril), an engineering graduate from Aston University in Birmingham, England says, “We noticed there is often difficulty and inconsistency in cooking food – it’s mostly always overcooked and dry, taking a long time”.
Cooking a perfect steak just like those cooked in restaurants like Yas Bay Restaurant can sometimes seem like an elusive task. Perfect steak refers to a tender, juicy piece of meat with a beautifully browned crust.
But thanks to technology which has made it possible sans trial and error. No matter, if you are a professional chef or a home cook, even beginners can rejoice in cooking a delectable steak.
What you can expect to look at in this article? We have included details on how AI and Apps guide your culinary quest to cook the perfect steak.
AI Chef: Cooking Steak With Perfecta
To start with, preparing a steak is all about timing, how long you cook the steak and what temperature. Perfect timing and temperature can make a difference and result in a juicy and flavourful steak.
It is believed that the mark of an authentic steak can be defined by the right amount of pink inside.
In June 2023, a survey was carried out in the United States according to which 7% of respondents declared that they consume much less meat than before, in comparison to half a year ago.
AI chefs or Perfecta AI-powered grills take charge using big data, advanced algorithms, and machine learning.
Let’s see how to cook the perfect juicy steak manually and using AI assistance simultaneously:
At first, the digital culinary assistant (Perfecta) asks for a specific cut of steak.
While using the Perfecta machine, users are guided to stick the steak into it vertically. Then, tap to select the cut type and wellness level.
Its propane burners emit infrared rays to cook it evenly so that it doesn’t need to be flipped. The fat from the meat is captured by a removable drip tray below. This is how Perfecta cooks your steak.
Coming back, it’s necessary to follow the right type of cut.
There are 3 kinds of cuts, each of which has unique characteristics, flavors, and ideal cooking methods:
- Ribeye: Ribeye is for rich marbling and flavourful fat content.
- Sirloin: It consists of a linear cut between the rib and the rump. This is best suited if someone craves a fantastic blend of tenderness and robust beef flavor.
- Fillet/Filet Mignon: Filet is known for its tenderness and subtle flavor. It is a lean cut from the lower back of the animal.
Now, it’s time to specify the thickness. Thickness affects the cooking time and methods.
Want to know how? Let’s suppose, you are about to cook a thin steak. In that case, it only needs a quick sear on each side, that’s it!
Perfecta was the world’s first AI-powered grill manufactured by the British company Seergrills.
Likewise, if cooking a steak with a thicker cut? You are required to combine searing and oven time for the desired doneness.
Let your pan reach the ideal temperature, once reached, season the steak. Season your steak with these perfect processes:
- Salt and Pepper: Start with a generous application of salt and pepper. You are advised to use coarse salt or freshly ground black pepper for more enhanced flavors.
Nonetheless, salt and pepper pull out moisture to create a flavourful crust
- Custom Seasoning: Just go creative and add herbs and spices like garlic powder, smoked paprika, or rosemary to compliment the cut of your steak.
- Timing: Season the steak right before it goes into the pan for a crisp, and savory crust.
Season the steak for about 40–60 minutes prior to cooking.
Why? It will allow salt to penetrate deeper into it and enhance its natural flavors.
- Oil or No Oil?: Cooking with an AI chef? It might suggest oiling during the searing process.
But if cooking it on a non-stick pan or a frying pan, you can avoid oiling.
- Balance Flavors: AI chefs will guide you concerning the right amount of seasoning. Consequently, it ensures one does not overpower the other. Also, cautions against over-seasoning,
- Rest After Seasoning: Let it sit for a few minutes. In the resting phase, the flavor seasoning adheres better to the meat.
Here comes the most important part, cooking. Preparation and preheating combined create delicious steaks.
In this phase, the AI chef provides real-time suggestions and instructions.
Let’s unfold the cooking process:
- Searing: Place the steak in the hot pan or on the grill. Have you heard that sizzle? It’s a sign that the cookware is preheated properly. Let it sit and allow it to form a crispy crust.
- Cooking Time and Techniques: Cooking time as well as techniques are the most vital elements.
Regardless, the AI chef calculates the time. The calculation is based on the type, size, and desired doneness.
For instance, for a 2-inch thick steak, cook for about 4–5 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Flipping: By tracking cooking time, it’s time to flip the steak. The AI-driven program does the same.
- Heat Adjustments: The moment you see a golden-brown crust, it’s time to lower the heat.
The AI chef will instruct accordingly. Therefore, lowering the temperature allows the depth to reach the perfect level of doneness.
- Add Extra Flavors: If you are expecting an elevated culinary experience, this is the time to add components like butter, garlic, or fresh herbs for extra flavors.
Make sure to add them during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Check its Doneness: Steak’s doneness can be compared to its firmness in different parts of the palm. Also, you can use a meat thermometer.
What’s the perfect temperature? A medium-rare steak should read around 130-135°F (54-57°C).
- Rest: When you are done completing the aforementioned steps, just remove the steak from the heat and let it sit for a few minutes. Doing this will allow juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
AI-Driven App or Camera System to Cook Steak
Miso Robotics has unveiled CookRight. It is an AI app and camera system responsible for monitoring grill times and line-up prompts to flip and remove food items at the right time.
Want to know more about its powers? Well, it consists of a user interface tablet, camera(s), and a small computer.
Moreover, CookRight is capable of learning heat distribution (using machine learning) on a grill to gauge precise cooking times.
There is no need to install this system as it can also be self-installed.
Sophisticated AI technology gaining the attention of the worldwide audience. However, its extension to kitchens has started a revolutionary journey for home cooks and professional chefs.
Nonetheless, cooking steaks is a whole process where a small mistake can disturb its flavors. Here come AI chefs to assist.
The emergence of AI chefs made it easier to cook different food items along with steaks perfectly.
So, incorporate AI chefs in your kitchens and experience the blast of mouth-watery yet flavourful steaks without any hassle.