Tension load cells are primarily used for pull force measurement. Tension is the force exerted across objects, and the load cells help in calculating the same. Tension Link Load Cell can also measure compression in an object.
They are mainly S-Shaped, which gives them the name S-Shaped Load cells. Measuring the pull remotely is now possible with the wireless load cells. They come in very handy if the point for measurement is not accessible – and/or is not handy to be used. In such remote situations, S-Shaped load cells are very crucial.
Working Principle of Tension Link Load Cell
Before we understand the principle, we need to understand transducers. They are mostly used for converting the weight into electrical signals – which is the exact principle of working of the load cells.
When loaded, the main frame of the load cell is deformed, resulting in variance in the resistance – thus leading to the generation of electrical impulses. Eventually, a voltage signal is generated – that is proportional to the compression in the load cell.
Applications for Tension Load Cell
The basic principle for the application of load cells is the measurement of the load. For every application which involves load measurement, the load cells come into play.
Here are the top 5 applications of load cells:
- Load Carriage & Towing: Moving the load from one place to another through towing is a primary purpose of load cells. The loads include the huge cables that are moved from to place.
- Measurement: Measuring the load and tensile strength can be quite crucial. It is an essential part of the heavy machinery industry. A Wireless tension load cell can come in handy for unreachable sites.
- Mooring & Calculating the Strength: Mooring is quite an essential activity in heavy industries. Calculating the mooring strength can be quite tricky, yet with a tension load cell, this measurement becomes simpler.
- Protection Against Overload: Cranes need to be protected against getting overloaded. With the tension link load cells, the cranes can be saved from getting overloaded. The damage to the cranes gets prevented this way.
- Tension Measurements in Conveyor Belts: Measurement of the tension in the conveyor belt is possible through tension link load cells. It prevents the overloading of the conveyor belts too.
Benefits of Using Wireless Tension Load Cell
One of the major benefits of using the tension link is the compact shape and size of the link. Based on the design and the dimension, custom tension load cells can be made. Easy measurement of the load is one feature that makes it the most favorable in Heavy Industries. What makes it stand apart is the fact that if there is an unbearable amount of load, an alarm is triggered off. This saves the equipment from getting damaged. A wireless tension load cell is quite beneficial since it reduces the size and makes the measurement easier.
Improved accuracy, reliability, durability, and easy installation are the features that make the tension load cell very much in demand. The force measurement is no more complicated, thus ma