Sales teams lose a lot of time switching from Salesforce to Outlook and vice versa. It makes the process tedious and increases the chances of making errors. Some of the information could go missing, which affects the productivity of sales teams.
Salesforce recently improved its features to offer your team a better user experience. It is free to integrate Salesforce with Outlook, but you need to download the app from Microsoft 365 AppSource. The process takes a few minutes to complete.
Adding Plugins to Salesforce
Salesforce allows you to add more than 300 plugins. This does not affect the functionality of Outlook but will improve it. They improve user experience because they allow you to manage all your work inside the tool. One of the plugins that improve the CRM’s functionality is the Salesforce plugin for Outlook by Revenue Grid.
It boosts your sales team’s power to use different email applications. It allows your team to view all salesforce data in Outlook and sync records, events, and other schedules in both tools. Salesforce provides you with several key features, such as:
- Access to sales data in real-time
- Intuitive dashboards
- Simplified account management features
- Lead generation and management feature
- Workflow and approvals feature
- Data syncing and sharing capabilities
On the other hand, Outlook comes with multiple benefits for your organization and sales team. It allows sending, receiving, and managing emails. It has a meeting scheduling tool that helps sales reps to organize meetings with customers and send reminders.
Its phone support feature stores customer contacts for ease of access and management. When Outlook is integrated with Salesforce, it becomes a powerful sales and customer management tool that enables sales teams to achieve enhanced results. Your sales team achieves:
- Enhanced scalability
- Data transformation
- Process automation
- Full view of customer actions or behavior
- Actionable insights
Here are the tips for Salesforce-Outlook integration:
Step One: Open Salesforce and Sign In.
- Click Setup to open the menu.
- Go to Fast Find Box and type the word Outlook
- From the menu that opens, click on Outlook Integration and Sync.
- Another box will open. Look and open the menu named Outlook Integration & Lightning Sync.
- Click on Edit and then on the Active & Advanced Email Security settings.
Step Two: Configure Microsoft Outlook
- Open Fast Find Box and then type the word Outlook.
- On the menu that opens, click on Outlook Configuration.
- Another menu will open. Click on New Outlook Configuration. Choose the name you want and then select Active.
- Search for the Assign users menu and then click on Users and assign your preferred users to give them sync permission.
- Check to the left side for the Assigned Members window and add the names there. You just need to click the Add icon. You can add more configuration features at this point, such as Default Sync, Sync Both Ways, Events, and Tasks. After completing, save all the configurations.
Step Three: Configure Salesforce
- Now open Salesforce and then click the icon My Settings
- You will be prompted to type a User Name.
- Open the Fast Find Box and then type the word Outlook.
- Click on Salesforce for Outlook.
- Download Salesforce from the bottom of this page and install it on your computer.
Step Four: Add Salesforce to Outlook
- After installation, open Outlook and then configure it to run on Salesforce.
- Look for the Salesforce for Outlook icon and open it.
Type your login credentials and then click Sync Only the Outlook Items I Select. Set it to the default and click next. Configure your Salesforce settings and add all the fields that you want. Once you press the Save icon, your Salesforce-Outlook integration will be complete. You can now add other tools and plugins, such as Office 365 and Gmail. For each application that you add, configure it to sync with the other tools already added in Salesforce.
Salesforce-Outlook integration allows organizations to add features that make the CRM more functional. The sales team syncs Outlook data with Salesforce and adds calendars and contacts, and manages emails better. The CRM has an intuitive dashboard that provides users with a full view of customer data. It is used for lead generation and management.