TikTok needs no introduction! Does it? You might already be very well aware of the potential of TikTok by now, and I am guessing that it is the reason you are here on your quest to find a simple way to create an account on TikTok. Well, you are at the right place!
I know from my own experience that finding a straightforward method that tells you the actual and correct sign-up process of TikTok is like tearing your hair out. This is because when I searched it for myself, I came across a number of blogs, but all of them were not very clear. Many of them mixed and matched two or more methods. So, I decided to write a clear and elaborative guide that can help you create your TikTok account without any confusion.
So, here it is. An article that clearly describes and walks you through different ways to create a TikTok account.
Creating TikTok Account Using 4 Different Methods (When You are a New TikTok User)
Yes, you read it right! There are four different ways to create a TikTok account. All four follow some common initial steps but diverge into different directions, later on. Furthermore, if you haven’t used TikTok yet and are creating the account for the first time, then these steps are definitely going to help you.
Listed below are the common steps to sign up for TikTok and get started with creating amazing content:
- First, you need to download the TikTok application on your phone. If you are using an Android phone, then download it from Google Play Store, and if you are using an iPhone/iPad, then use the App Store to download TikTok.
- Once you have downloaded the application, and you open it by tapping on its icon, then you will see that you will not be directed to the Sign-up/ Login screen, rather popular TikTok videos will be shown. You can scroll through these videos without even creating an account or logging in.
- Now, in order to start creating the account, tap on the profile icon (Me option) present in the bottom right corner of the screen, and then tap on the Sign-up button.
- On the next screen, there will be four options, you have to choose one of them that is most suitable for you to create the TikTok account. Based on your choice, the steps to be followed further are different. Stated below are all these options and their steps:
Option-1: Sign up for TikTok Using Phone Number
You can sign up for TikTok using your phone number. However, only one account can be created using a phone number. So, make sure that you are using a phone number that hasn’t been used earlier to create a TikTok account if you want to select this option.
After you have selected the phone number from the sign-up options to create the account, further steps to take are listed below:
- Before you move on to fill in your phone number, you will be asked to enter your birthdate.
Note: TikTok has a policy that a person less than 13 years old, cannot make a TikTok account, and users with age below 16 years have their account private by default. Furthermore, once you enter the date of birth and proceed, you cannot change it later just by going to settings, rather you have to write the request for the same to the TikTok support. So, carefully fill in the correct birthdate.
- Next, you have to enter your phone number in the designated field and tap on the button to send the verification code to the provided number.
- Thereafter, you will receive the verification code on your phone, which you have to enter on the screen that prompts you for it. Then, tap on the next arrow button present on the right of the screen.
- At last, you will be asked to create your password. Re-enter it in the next field to confirm, tap on the checkmark button, and your TikTok account will be created.
Option-2: Sign up for TikTok Using Email Address
If you have chosen the email address option to create your TikTok account, then it has some different steps than those mentioned for the phone number. Stated below is the process that you need to follow:
- Just like in the phone number process, here as well after selecting the email option, you have to enter your date of birth, and then tap on the Next arrow button on the right of the screen.
Note: Once you enter the date of birth and proceed, you cannot change it later. For doing so, you have to write the request to the TikTok support. So, carefully fill in the correct birthdate.
- On the next page, inside the designated field, type in your active email address. Ensure that you enter the email that you use and have access to. Then, tap on the button to send the verification code.
- Now, a verification code from TikTok will be sent to the email address you have provided in the previous step. So, open your email account, look for the email TikTok and fetch the code from there.
- Return to the TikTok app screen where you have to enter the code. Thereafter, tap on the next arrow button.
- Next, the password setup screen will appear. Create your password and confirm it by entering it in the next password field.
- Lastly, create your TikTok username and hit the Sign-up button, and with that, you have completed the Sign-up for TikTok.
Option-3: Sign up for TikTok Using Apple ID
If you have selected the Apple ID option to create your TikTok account, then stated below are the steps to be followed:
- First, tap on Continue with Apple option and then you will be required to enter your email address, using which you have created your Apple ID.
- Afterward, configure your TikTok account privacy settings.
- Fill in some of your profile details.
- At last, create your TikTok account password, and confirm it by entering it in the subsequent text field, and your TikTok account will be created.
Option-4: Sign up for TikTok Using Social Media Links/ Google
The last option that remains to sign up for TikTok is using your social media accounts like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, or Google. Following are the steps that will guide you through this:
- From the TikTok sign-up screen, select one of the following options: Continue with Facebook or Continue with Instagram or Continue with Twitter or Continue with Google.
- Thereafter, you may get a pop-up stating that TikTok wants to access the social media account you choose. There, tap Continue.
- Based on the option you pick, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Google screen will open where you have to fill in the login information of the social media account you choose to sign up with.
- After filling in your information, create your Username and tap on the Sign-up button, and your TikTok account will be created, and you can log in to it using the same login information.
Note: Whenever you sign up for a third-party app (like TikTok) using your social media accounts, you automatically hand over some crucial information present in your social media account to the third-party app. The same is the case here; when you sign up for TikTok using Instagram or Facebook or Twitter, TikTok gets greater access to your personal information in the account that you are not aware of, so it is advised to avoid using social media links to log in to TikTok or any other third-party app or service.
Creating a TikTok Account When You are Already a TikTok User
If you are already using TikTok but want to create a new account, then the steps for doing so are a little different from those mentioned above. Jotted down are the steps for the same:
- From the home screen of your phone, tap on the TikTok app icon to open it up.
- Then, login to your TikTok account and from the bottom right corner of the screen, tap on your profile icon (Me option).
- Thereafter, your profile page will open. There, tap on your username.
- Now, select the Add Account option.
- Next, the TikTok Sign up screen will appear, from where you have to select one of the following options:
- Use a phone number or email.
- Continue with Facebook
- Continue with Google
- Continue with Instagram
- Continue with Twitter
- Continue with Apple
- Choose either of the options to create your TikTok account, and follow the further steps mentioned in the above section (the rest of the steps are the same).
Creating a TikTok Account on Your System
Many people use TikTok on their phones, as it comes in handy, and you can make videos and share them anytime you want. However, there are many people who want to use TikTok on their laptops and desktop. Why so?
Well, I used to ponder about the same thing, but after learning the purpose behind it, I have no doubt that using TikTok on a system is way more practical than it sounds. Let me share my experience.
One day I was working in the office and was bored to death! Then, I came across the TikTok ad. Before this, I hadn’t used TikTok, so I searched on the browser ‘How to create an account on TikTok’. Since it takes quite a long time, I couldn’t use my phone in the office for that long, so I thought of creating the account on my desktop. Now, my account is logged in on my system and I can scroll through the videos whenever I want and that too without using my phone, and attracting the attention of my boss as he always thinks that I am working while I was scrolling through the videos 😉.
So, here I am sharing this valuable information with you guys! So let’s jump right into the steps for creating a TikTok account using desktop/laptop:
- First, open your browser on the desktop, and go to the TikTok sign-up page.
- From there, choose the Use phone or email option to create the account. (You can choose a social media account link to create the account, but it means you are handing over the control of your personal account to TikTok to some extent. However, if you still want to use them, then refer to the above section of the article).
- On the next screen, you first have to enter your date of birth, and thereafter, either choose your email or phone number to create the account.
- Fill in the option that you choose and click the Send code button. If you go with a phone number, then you will receive the verification code on your phone, and if you choose the email option, then it will be emailed to you by TikTok. Also, if you pick the email option, you have to create a password for your TikTok account by filling in the Password field.
- Now, fetch that code, and enter it in the designated text area. Click on the Next button.
- Now, create a username of yours. At last, click on the Sing-up button, and your TikTok account will be created.
Creating a Business TikTok Account
If you want to create a business account on TikTok, then the following steps can be followed:
- First, you have to create a normal account on TikTok. The methods stated above in the article will help you do so.
- You will remain logged in to the TikTok account on the device on which you will create the account. If you want to access it via another device, log in to it using the information that you have entered while creating the account.
- From your TikTok app’s home page, tap on the profile icon (Me option) present in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then, tap on the three dots (more menu icon) in the top right corner, and select the Manage Account option.
- Thereafter, tap on the Switch to Business Account option.
- Select the category of your business that best suits your business domain, and follow some on-screen instructions, and with that, you will have a business account on TikTok.