For certain people, building a family is an achievement. Throughout the years, many couples found it hard to conceive. However, technological advancement and modern solutions have made it easier for them to get pregnant.
Solutions such as IVF, laparoscopy, intrauterine insemination, etc., provide couples with assistance to step on the journey of successful parenthood. While, just like any other intrusive medical activity, IVF (In Vitro Fertility) can be complex, people undergoing the treatment must have many questions or issues.
That’s why, in this blog post, we have gathered the list of top applications to guide and empower couples through their In Vitro Fertility procedure. And also, provide them with additional information regarding the same. So, let’s get into it!
What is IVF?
To better understand the procedure, you must know what this treatment means, and how does it work? So, IVF i.e., In Vitro Fertilization is a combination process of medicines and surgeries, that help couples in getting pregnant.
During the process, the mother is given some medications for a certain amount of time to help their ovaries produce eggs, mature and healthy enough to reproduce. Then, through a minor surgery, those eggs are taken out of the body (this is called egg retrieval).
After this, the eggs are mixed with sperm cells (this is called insemination). For about 3–5 days, the eggs are monitored in the lab. Once they divide and become an embryo, they are put back into the uterus of the mother (this is called embryo transfer).
When any of the embryo attaches to the lining of the uterus, pregnancy happens. In Vitro Fertilization is generally considered the last option to treat infertility. Other options like intrauterine insemination can be done before IVF.
It is considered an option if you or your partner have fallopian tube damage or blockage, ovulation disorders, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, issues with sperm, genetic disorders, preservation of fertility due to any reason, etc.
Best IVF Apps for 2024
To offer a seamless journey through the procedure, a range of healthcare software solutions are available for couples seeking assistance with related concerns or questions.
These applications not only help with the issues but also work as a tracker and reminder.
With that, let’s take a look at some of the best IVF apps you can consider as your companion on this path.
(This graph shows the size of the IVF services market worldwide in 2019 and 2030, at US $ billion).
- Aura: With 1 trillion downloads, Aura is by far the best software, offering multiple features to the users. It is approved by the leading fertility clinics and has a guide to sync with the treatment protocol for support and guidance.
It is tailored for personalized experiences and needs, provides helpful articles, videos, and audio, and professional support. Likewise, it also offers lifestyle tips and emotional and relational support. This app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
- Embie: Embie: IVF, IUI Tracker is an amazing application if you are someone looking for a customized calendar for a smooth journey. Not only that, but it also offers health information records, result trackers, and professional support.
With Embie’s calendar, you can keep track of the medications, and appointments, and set notification reminders. This app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
- Mindful IVF: Being anxious or stressed during or pre-procedure can be unhealthy for your pregnancy. Mindful IVF is the tool that assists to sleep better, feel better, and reduce stress.
The tool offers proven mindful techniques and works as a sleep meditation app that helps to train the patient’s mind for a healthier and successful pregnancy. You can find it easily on both App Store and Play Store.
- My Fertility Diary: While other fertility applications are just trackers and reminders, My Fertility Diary tool claims to be the unique treatment calendar. It provides schedules for Long down-regulation with Lupron, Short down-regulation, antagonist cycle, natural cycle, frozen thaw, and minimal stimulation IVF.
You can easily edit and modify schedules and set alarms, and reminder notifications. This tool is available only on the Google Play Store.
- Tilly: This application differentiates itself from others in many aspects. Tilly: Fertility & IVF Support’s founders believe the majority of people, struggling with pregnancy, struggle with their mental wellness as well. And the developers of this app are two women who went through the same.
That’s why this application focuses on the habits for the mental well-being of couples, providing them Tilly community, to connect with others having the same concerns. The additional tools are self-care exercises, evidence-based coping mindfulness techniques, relaxation tools, and so on.
Do You Know?
According to Forbes Health, the live birth rate per egg retrieval for women under age 35 is 44.5%. For women aged 35-37, the rate is 32.4%, and for women aged 38-40, it’s 20.2%. For women aged 41-42, the rate is 9.6%.
With the progressing technology and rising usage of the internet, plenty of related applications are available for users. Some tools are free to use, while some of them provide paid services.
No matter what, these tools are an integral part of the journey as they do not just ease the process for couples but for professionals as well. They provide features such as trackers, reminders, and calendars, specialized for the treatment.
Before opting for an application, try their free trial packs, or you can also seek advice from the doctor on which software to consider. As no one size fits all, select that one companion that is altered for your needs and desires.