Salesforce is the best widely used application for sales management by organizations. It is a rapidly growing ecosystem for applications. That’s probably why Salesforce allows you to quickly iterate corporate logic and create error-free user interfaces. To do this, Salesforce has a lightning design system. Selenium, an open-source automation testing tool for online applications across many browsers and operating systems, allows developers to design uniform user interfaces that are simple to adapt and maintain.
Why Do People Go for Selenium?
People in search of automation tools for their Salesforce usually choose Selenium as it stands to be the most popular and trusted tool. But before selecting any tool, you need to be sure about the advantages and also the challenges that might appear in the future while using it for Selenium is a popular web testing tool because of its versatility and accessibility. This is a good place to start if you want to see how productive this technology is. Second, Selenium allows you to automate any activity and do browser experiments. Selenium Salesforce is an obvious solution for companies to perform automation testing because Salesforce is browser-dependent.
Advantages Of the Selenium Tool:
- The basic and attractive advantage of Selenium is that it is an Open Source tool and moreover a portable one. It does not involve immediate direct costs. You are free to download the tool and provide community-based help.
- The best advantage is the faster test execution process. What is achieved in manual testing with so many efforts, can now be achieved using automated testing. Selenium is not only faster, but it also requires less investment than human testing. It is also possible to conduct frequent test cases if there are fewer faults. Execution lights, functional tests, and regression tests are also possible.
- Selenium is a testing tool that works with a variety of browsers, including the most recent versions of Internet Explorer, Opera, Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Selenium can run on and support a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and UNIX. With the Selenium solution suite, a customized test suite may be created on any platform and executed on another.
The Selenium Has 4 Components:
- Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Selenium Remote Control (RC)
- Selenium Grid
For salesforce test automation, any combination of these components can be used in a web-based application on any browser. The test flux is carried out by scripting all of the test cases in a programming language, including data collecting, web capture, link text addressing, web application surfing, and so on.
Is Selenium the Best Tool?
The world is growing fast, and to keep in pace with the world, you need to do more jobs and that too quickly. Achieving this is not easy. But possible with automation. Automation plays a significant role. Being an open-source tool, Selenium is an open-source tool, it automates multiple web applications quickly. It has four components that enable recording and playback, as well as the execution of many test cases and the automation of a variety of browsers and languages. It is a free source that can be downloaded and used by anyone as and when needed.
Selenium is a free tool and preferred by many, but few things that need our attention are that it only allows tasks to be carried out by a browser, and that is worth noting. Selenium does not do anything more or less than that. For larger enterprises and businesses with a high number of evaluation teams with practical business knowledge, Selenium would be insufficient. Nonetheless, insufficient coding skills and duties such as protection and communication are critical.
Also Read- Choosing Tech Stack for Web Application